Regional Finance Controller - Chennai - Apmm Gsc
Apmm Gsc as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Regional Finance Controller jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Apmm Gsc company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief. Diversity is our great strength and our continued goal, evidenced in our current work to significantly boost the number of women in senior management positions.
1. Ensure all the areas close the Fact on time without any delay.
2. Ensure Fact – HFM reconciliation is matching 100% while doing HFM upload during
3. Ensure all technical cheques, validations, tax workings, provision for debtors
workings are correctly made before signing off the regional books.
4. Ensure timely sign off of books happens as per the deadline set by the centre.
5. Ensure proper Re-charge of cost between areas happen within the region.
6. Ensure Inter-company balances differences are properly handled by the Areas and
reconciled before sign off is done by the region finance.
7. Shall always be the single point of contact for Damco Centre Finance.
8. Instruct the Area CFO’s and Area controllers are clearly instructed with deadlines
9. Ensure all changes as proposed/announced by Damco Centre Finance are effected
and cascaded properly.
10. Liaise with the External, Group Auditors during audit to get a clean Audit report.
11. Implement business change in accordance with plans
12. Own and drive Revenue and cost transparency, audit and analysis
13. Own and be accountable for true and accurate Financial Statements.
14. Perform Risk assessment of Regional financial statement and evaluate the High risk
areas and discuss at appropriate time with the Region and with Area CFO.
15. Coordinate with internal as well as external stakeholders to ensure local, global and
legal requirements are met
16. Participate in and support improvement projects
1. Own and maintain a documented system of Group accounting policies and
2. Oversee the process of the activities done during the book close and ensure all
activities are properly taken care before closing the books at the month end.
3. Own Standard interaction Procedures and ensure adherence.
4. Be updated with changes pronounced by Damco Centre Finance time and again.
5. Manage various major stakeholders like Regional CEO/CFO/COO/CCO, Area CFO’s,
6. General administrative duties of direct reportees like S2S regularizations, Leave and
7. Coordinate the preparation of the Period end reporting/ Management reports if any
8. Ensure all agreed upon Reports for the region are prepared and published to the
recipients on time without any delay.
9. Ensure and own KPI Reporting.
10. Any other reasonable adhoc requests as may be made from time to time by the
Regional CEO or Regional CFO.
11. Set up a Control assurance framework to ensure compliance.
12. Coordinate the provision of information to auditors for the yearly audit.
Who we are looking for
Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
Excellent Communication Skills with good English speaking knowledge.
Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong Audit background is necessary. Qualified CWA/CS with strong technical background is an additional advantage.
Demonstrable track record in a similarly complex and challenging role.
Experience in logistics business and working knowledge in HFM would be an added advantage.
Track record of delivering all aspects of accounting/systems controls across a variety of activities in a business
Able to combine commercial knowledge and technical financial expertise
Ability to work as part of a large multinational organisation, capable of influencing and understanding global view
Strong interpersonal skills particularly motivational and communication skills
Dynamic in nature and be prepared for robust changes happening in accounting and reporting department.
Ability to lead a team and drive various projects and grow with the organisation.