Engineering Manager - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Engineering Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
· Medtronic is looking for a passionate, experienced, highly motivated Engineering Manager with demonstrated excellence in delivering world class solutions in a global organization.
· Be a part of the Medtronic Engineering and Innovation center (MEIC) by applying your skills to the design and development, maintenance efforts of CRHF Software products developed in India.
· The successful candidate must have a track record of effectively managing product development teams in a large-scale multi-geography project environment with complex cross-group dependencies. The candidate must possess and effectively apply a broad set of skills in project management, vendor deliverables, communication and negotiation skills to appropriately balance product quality, schedule and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Experience in identifying the needs, build capabilities in the cross functional areas, SW/HW development, verification and, validation to foster full turnkey solution to the business.
· Provide day-to-day vendor management and facilitate local decision making
· Provide vendor with knowledge of Medtronic tools, methods and processes to help improvement and adoption.
· Ensure that the requirements are clearly understood
· Drive ongoing process improvement initiatives to deliver increasing efficiency in vendor related activities
· Provide thought leadership on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and manage vendors to meet or exceed their commitments.
· Audit vendors based on turn time, quality of product and service
· Provide a blend of people management and technical skills. Should have worked in matrix reporting structures with accountability on successful delivery of product solutions.
· Ability at assess talent management and manage diverse teams
· Should have experience managing cross functional technical team size of 10 or more.
· Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate and negotiate effectively across disciplines and groups, with vendors and with customers
· Experience in conflict resolution, distributed product development, team building, talent management, budget management and global stake holder management are critical to the role.
· Must be able to support the Global and local regional teams in product development projects.
· Work with the global software engineering team
· Apply best practices for development (ex: design language) and testing in terms of coding standards, reusable components, and automation solutions.
· Demonstrated experience in delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter
· Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and ability to work under deadline pressure
· Excellent project planning, management and delivery skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detailed level when necessary while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
· Worked extensively in a global delivery model
· Ability to travel domestic and internationally on a short notice
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent would work with the MEIC Senior Engineering Manager and CRHF R&D Leaders in the US to provide the required execution excellence to accelerate the new product development & sustaining engineering projects executed at the vendor sites.
Experience of minimum of 15 years in product development with at least a min of 5+ years in medical device development capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
· Good experience in life saving applications, controls and development.
· Knowledgeable in Design controls for medical devices (related to CFR 820.30) 510K, IEC62304 and relevant medical device standards.
· Demonstrates perspectives and applies problem solving techniques.
· Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions.
· Deep understanding of the mobile, embedded and application SW development & testing processes is nice to have.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering
· Masters in Bio-medical, Mechanical/Electronics/Computer science is preferred
SHORT-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (6-12 MONTHS)
· Establish executable goals for team and Identify gaps to accomplish them
· Establish working relations with the service providers
· Establish stakeholder management plan, operating mechanisms
· Establish product (software) development quality metrics
LONG-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (1+ YEAR)
· Capability building on identified technology areas
· Product development with minimum support from the global teams
· Key technical leadership/talent pipeline development