Developer Support - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Developer Support jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Senior IT Developer- BW / SLT Support
Medtronic BI services enable business units to make timely decisions by providing solutions using the latest industry oriented technology. Key strategy is data consolidation from various source systems such as SAP ECC, JDE, Work Day, Siebel, SAP CRM and other enterprise business systems. Medtronic is leveraging various state of the art BI platforms such as SAP HANA, Oracle 12c, Spotfire, Tableau, SAP Lumira, SAP Business Objects 4.1, SAP SLT, Informatica, IBM Infosphere Replication Server (IRS) and SAP BW.
Medtronic has a custom built Oracle based Data Integration Platform (DIH) of size up to 30 Terabyte, and a reporting data warehouse in SAP HANA which is 13 Terabyte in size with 13 nodes.
Medtronic’s diverse environment, business requirements and technology platform provides various challenges in the BI and Analytics space. It’s a great place to leverage your expertise, learn and excel.
Job Title : Senior IT Developer
Department : Global BI and Analytics
Reporting to : BW Support Lead
- Manage responsibilities of technical expertise and hands-on technical work for SAP BW / SLT support including troubleshooting problems, escalating open issues, implementing solutions, and optimize the system performance
- Ensure customer satisfaction targets are achieved enhance customer service by owning service delivery professionally and adhering to Support SLA
- Engage vendor support/technical staff to assess solution options and to analyze and resolve or escalate issues
- Actively utilize and seek assistance from technical team and data architects to analyze and understand solutions.
- Analyze and fix problems, full unit testing and then deploy them to production. Collaborate proactively with functional users, analysts and other team members to ensure smooth break fix execution.
- Understand business requirements and data model, determine implementation strategy and translate into code that conforms to best practices and standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Debug, tune and optimize code for optimal performance.
- Develop Process Chains and schedule using Tivoli utility.
- Understand Security requirements for data access.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex production problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with business requirements
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching for the other team members in resolving complex issue
- Actively contribute to Knowledge base and provide creative ideas for knowledge management within the organization
- Minimum 4+ year’s solid hands on production support and development experience in SAP BW.
- Experience in Data Modelling, Extractors, Bex Reporting tools and Abap knowledge.
- Experience in working with various tools within SAP BW like Open Hub, Information Broadcaster , Precalc Server etc.
- Experience in analyzing mappings, jobs and transformations
- Experience in developing and monitoring Process Chains.
- Experience in handling complex production issues, major outages, root cause analysis (RCA)
- Effective communication with high degree of escalation management
- Experience in identifying repetitive issues and automation
- Experience in creating accelerated solutions that would increase the productivity of support operations
- Experience in BW 7.4 (powered by HANA) or higher version.
- Experience in SAP SLT tool.
- Works effectively and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Responsible, takes ownership of support issues, and follows through to closure with in defined SLA.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple technical teams such as basis, security etc.
- Ability and desire to perform "admin" work as well as "technical" work.
- Self-motivated, self-managed, and results-oriented with a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and perseverance to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent diagnostic, problem solving and issue resolution ability.
- Able to learn quickly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to determine the clients' true business needs.
- Ability to assess status quo, and come up with new ideas.
- Critical thinking capability with good analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to support business intelligence, analytics and data ware housing solutions with multiple technologies in definitive plus
This role may require working in shifts and shift shall be assigned as per business need.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation in Engineering (BE/BTech) or Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) from a reputed institute/university .
Minimum 4+ years of SAP BW production support experience