Software Engineer - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Software Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Medtronic is currently developing a novel kidney dialysis solution aimed at patients suffering from end-stage renal disease, and to address key infrastructural barriers, in emerging markets. As part of this initiative, Medtronic has established a new R&D center in Whitefield, Bengaluru, and is looking to hire talented candidates to work on exciting opportunities.
The Senior Software Engineer will support software development activities for the Medtronic Dialysis System, with specific focus on the development of an Android-based Graphical User Interface (GUI). The GUI will be used by a variety of users in the clinic (doctors, nurses, technicians), for two-way interaction with the machine. I.e., the GUI should display data on the screen in an intuitive manner, and also procure inputs (controls/options) from users.
This person will work in collaboration with a global development team based in India, USA and China throughout the product development lifecycle to bring the new dialysis system to market. He/she will need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and be confident about combining technical expertise with logical reasoning to make trade-offs between features, time-to-market, and budget. He/she should have strong software coding skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude, and possess great communication/collaboration skills.
A desire to work on healthcare applications is a key requirement. This is an exceptional opportunity to develop a truly innovative product that will impact the lives of millions of patients across India and the world, and a unique opportunity to experience all stages of a brand new medical device’s product development process in a short duration.
- Understand high level system requirements to define the low level design requirements and do the implementation that meets the internal standards as well as external/regulatory requirements for medical devices.
- Analyze and interpret the requirements correctly to come up with designs that provide a comprehensive coverage and are scalable.
- Identify effective and efficient mode of source code implementation and create high quality procedures to implement the unit tests.
- Lead review activities and perform high quality reviews. (Example: detailed design, source code, unit test code, requirements etc.).
- Create/maintain software build/configuration management.
- Maintain high quality documentation of the design, code reviews and the unit test results.
- Ensure compliance of our software development process to the IEC 62304 standards.
- Work with quality/reliability engineering to identify and minimize sources of technical and practical risk, and ensure the product meets medical device-related safety standards.
- Have experience working with the Agile way of developing software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ of software development experience in Java in Windows or Android OS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to produce high-quality documentation.
- Knowledge of version control.
- Able to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural global teams.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature.
- HW-SW interface knowledge.
- Experience with software build and release management.
- Experience in developing Graphical User Interface with Java.
- Software design experience for medical devices in an IEC 62304 environment.
- Knowledge of data security and integrity, especially for a healthcare application.