Infrastructure Engineer Mainframe Architecture And Engineering - Bangalore - American Express
- Infrastructure Engineer Mainframe Architecture And Engineering
- American Express
- Bangalore KA
- 20 Mar, 2017 4 days ago
American Express as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Infrastructure Engineer Mainframe Architecture And Engineering jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of American Express company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
The Mainframe Architecture and Engineering department has a number of responsibilities concerning mainframe environments
- Mainframe environment strategy around the core business strategy and organization
- Developing Reference Architectures for mainframe subsystems
- Providing new platforms and technologies to meet the demands of the business and enhanced tools to improve mainframe development and broaden the skills base
- Enables easier access to existing mainframe assets by the provision of service-based interfaces
- Provides support to developers through training, knowledge delivery, maintenance of tools and utilities, infrastructure support and standards and best practices
- Uplift the mainframe infrastructure into the 21st century The mainframe environment consists of a zOS emulator (RD&T) that runs on an underlying Red Hat Linux server in a lab environment. It is intended as a development, demonstration, and learning platform. This environment supports zOS projects such as
- END TO END Infrastructure Testing
- Prove new operating system releases, fixes (PTFs) and vendor products before they are rolled out to the development and production environments
- Prove system configurations such as SYS/plex configuration of z/OS LPARS and subsystems
- Changes to infrastructure parameters (database, zOS, etc.) are demonstrated to be effective
- Develop technical skills for support staff. In addition to the lab the mainframe environment consist of a development environment, the ADC, PDEV and EDEV and 6 production sysplex environments, SROC, WROC, EMEA, PPRD, UROC, LPRD and Marketing.
- Help maintaining multiple RD&T environments
- Installing mainframe subsystems
- Ability to drive and develop solutions independently working with application teams
- Experience in problem analysis and performance analysis.
- Understanding application needs in the development cycle.
Qualifications The ideal candidate will have strong and varied experience as a zOS Systems Programmer and strong experience in assisting application developers through performance analysis, problem solving and design considerations. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and experience to configure, troubleshoot and provide general support for the following mainframe subsystems, I/O subsystems and industry standard tools and utilities
- z/OS • DB2 • IMS • MQ • CICS • SMPE • IBM ADCD • RACF • Storage Management • Networking
- Knowledge of z/VM and zLinux would be a definite plus
- 4+ years of experience in Architecture and Engineering.
- Installing and managing services and processes
- Web Services basic knowledge
- An understanding of industry trends and tools
- Ability to drive and develop solutions independently.
Job location - Gurgaon, Bangalore