Senior Programme Officer Education - - Aga Khan Foundation
Aga Khan Foundation as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Senior Programme Officer Education jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Aga Khan Foundation company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
AKF (India) wishes to significantly expand its work in education across four primary states: Bihar, Gujarat,Telengana (Hyderabad), and Uttar Pradesh. These programmes will include elements of Early Childhood Education and Reading for Children working with community-run ECD centers and ICDS facilities; School Improvement Programmes working with public school teachers and systems; and adolescent empowerment programmes including life skills, vocational training, and complementary academic work for secondary certification.
AKF (India) seeks an articulate, enthusiastic, and entreprenurial Senior Programme Officer for Education who will work with the senior managent and other colleagues to realise the education strategy of AKF (India), establish new programmes, take existing work to scale, document lessons and models for replication, increase AKDN’s profile and influence and improve all aspects of programme design, implementation, and monitoring.
This role will be demanding and fast-paced, with opportunities for collaboration across the programme team of AKF (India) as well as with the leadership of other AKDN agencies in India. For the right individual, this will provide an exciting opportunity to shape AKF (India)’s work in education, develop multi-state initiatives, build strategic partnerships for AKDN, and raise the Foundation’s profile on education issues nationally.
The Senior Programme Officer for Education will work to refine and strengthen AKF (India)’s strategy in education, design new initiatives and programmes, and build the partnerships necessary to finance and implement them. The Senior Programme Officer will plan and oversee the implementation of education projects, monitoring their quality and ensuring innovation, effectiveness, and viability through strong technical advisory service, coordination, and support. He or she will help position AKF (India) as a thought-leader on education, especially early childhood development, early literacy, student-centred pedagogies, strengthening parent engagement and facilitation of SMCs.
The Senior Programme Officer for Education will be based at AKF(I) New Delhi Office and responsible for building the evidence-base needed to document programme lessons and influence decision-makers. Responsibilities will include conceptualising programmes (including research and monitoring frameworks); writing concept papers, proposals, and presentations; resource mobilisation; representing the Foundation and its work to diverse stakeholders; and overseeing the implementation and quality of education programmes in multiple states. Programme implementation is undertaken either directly by AKF (India), by other AKDN agencies, and also through collaboration with other partners.
Required qualities, competencies, and qualifications:
- Ambitious, energetic, and hard-working professional with a background in education committed to improving lives among India’s most marginalised communities. Must share a sense of urgency about development.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation competencies: fluency in Hindi and English is required.
- Must enjoy working in horizontal, cross-functional teams across departments and institutions; needs to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, as well as situational authority and leadership.
- Should be capable of meeting short deadlines and producing quality materials with a fast turnaround.
- Solution-oriented, creative problem-solver, who can be versatile and is willing to work around obstacles.
- A master’s or other post-graduate degree in a relevant field, with previous experience in education, particularly with government education systems.
- An ability to work in teams is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and to multi-task.