Director Aebc Coo - Gurgaon - American Express
American Express as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Director Aebc Coo jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of American Express company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
The position serves as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of American Express Banking Corp responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the Bank’s governance and operating framework in line with GRC best practice. This position also serves as the AEBC India Branch Manager with responsibility for oversight of the branch’s operations and technology requirements ensuring compliance with Bank policies, and RBI and NYSDFS requirements. As chair of the Risk Assessment and IT Steering Committees, the COO is responsible for ensuring effective reporting of the Bank’s operational risk, information security, and affiliate and 3rd party vendor management programs to the Audit and Compliance Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Chair the Risk Assessment and IT Steering Committees reporting to the Audit and Compliance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Accountable for Implementing and maintaining Global as well as local best practices covering policy, risk management, governance and reporting are implemented and leveraged. The deployment and maintenance of consistent banking governance and operating framework across the market in line with GRC best practice.
- Participate as member on the Credit Policy Committee and India Country Executive Committee with responsibility for supporting the CEO in the oversight of the branch governance framework.
- Manage and refine a program to ensure effective change management program is in place which includes the financial, operational, technology and regulatory impacts of all new initiatives within the banking entity covering new product development, organization changes, outsourcing and process migrations.
- Management of banking operations processes relating to deposit, secured lending and security transaction processing and reporting (application form, KYC documents, Tax undertakings under FATCA, Board resolutions and authorizations, Letter of Set Off creating the Lien).Complete OFAC screening, etc. • Ensure all business processes and technology systems of the branch operate in a highly controlled manner in strict accordance with all applicable AEBC policies as well as external regulations established by RBI and other governmental agencies.
- Oversight of the India branch internal control and concurrent audit program.
- Maintain relationship with business partners, other function heads within the Bank and across the enterprise, and regulatory and government agencies as required to ensure that branch operations are run effectively.
- Coordination of required actions and communications with regulators and government agencies, including RBI and NYSDFS quarterly meetings, support required for banking license renewals, reviews and queries, and applications to government departments. Such government agencies include Labour Commissioner, Ministry of Labour and Enforcement Directorate.
- Oversight of Power of Attorney (POA) delegation and signature approval authorities.
- Approvals on transactions within banking operations and other functional areas, including daily approvals and signing of instructions to banks for fund transfers, and execution of some 200 agreements covering partnerships, MR, vendor and real estate agreements.
- Enact policy framework, and development of appropriate governance structures including committee charters across emerging, special purpose and bank.
- Ensure an effective operational risk and information security programs with reporting of relevant key risk indicators, risk events, regulatory issues to appropriate governance committees and bank boards.
Accountable for effectively working with cross functional teams and dialog with LOB Heads to ensure banking Operations compliance requirement. Responsible for deploying and maintaining consistent banking governance and operating framework across the market in line with GRC best practice. Chief Operating Officer of AEBC (a bank headquartered in New York with branches in India) will impact some 800 FTE employed in the Bank. Oversight of operations and technology requirements of the Bank ensuring full compliance with all bank policies including –
(1) affiliate management program;
(2) 3rd party vendor oversight;
(3) Bank’s operational risk program, including product approval and information security;
(4) policy framework;
(5) IAG and regulatory exam management;
(6) project management office reporting of projects to address regulatory mandates; and
(7) banking technology project governance. Responsible for establishing and developing a working relationship with the regulators - RBI, governmental agencies such as Labour Commissioner, Ministry of Labour, Enforcement Directorate, etc.
This role is critical to ensure that AEBC India Branch Operations are conducted in a manner which is compliant with local (RBI) regulator and New York State Bank requirements and AEBC Board directives. Challenges: Rapid growth rate of the business in the India market, with an active marketing campaign against a backdrop of close regulatory scrutiny and a dynamic regulatory environment with constantly evolving requirements. Ensure the appropriate level of business unit engagement and understanding of regulatory laws governing the bank. Skills: Ability to manage relationships at various levels with regulators and third party banks / partners Previous experience working in a financial institution and with regulators. Preferred at least 5+ years in a leadership role, preferably with experience in market. High degree of co-ordination abilities to manage concurrent priorities across various stakeholders within and outside the market Strong organization abilities & communication skills Demonstrated knowledge of various aspects of banking operations, processes and systems Strong control and compliance focus Preferred understanding of key AXP operations and technology functions with proven ability to navigate AXP organization and to effectively drive results. Broad based knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience in managing RBI inspection / audits
- Sound judgment and discretion are essential characteristics for this role. Decision-making capabilities using independent judgment to determine how to perform job tasks and prioritize work effort. Independent organizational and time management skills in setting goals and deadlines based on sound judgment and discretion.
- Identify and quantify regulatory changes that may have a critical impact on the strategies and financials of AXP.
- Strong thought leadership, business acumen & execution skills to nurture a sound working relationship with the regulators.